If you use the VAS 6154A diagnostic dongle, then you know that the dongle’s USB port is prone to damage and failure, turning your expensive diagnostic tool into an expensive paperweight.
The manufacturer of the VAS 6154A does not warranty, or even offer paid repair for damaged USB ports, so you’re left to seek out expensive third party repair, or trash your expensive diagnostic tool. Either way, your expensive diagnostic tool is out of commission, costing you money.
What’s more, if you opt to replace your damaged 6154A dongle, you have to hope it’s not on galactic backorder, and you’re stuck having to buy the whole (expensive) 6154A kit.
The problem stems from a poor design that causes the USB port to be subject to being torn off the PCB substrate. This is easily done by a tech who’s in a rush and doesn’t properly align the wireless module or cable before attempting to connect it. Even with extreme care the USB port will eventually work loose from the PCB substrate due to lack of support.
The VAS SAVER allows you to protect the fragile USB port on your 6154A diagnostic dongle, preventing the damage before it occurs.
The VAS SAVER is designed to attach permanently to your 6154A (though it is fully removable) and holds in place a replaceable USB pigtail that’s used to connect a wireless module or USB cable.
The idea is simple, protect the USB port on the 6154A by moving the point of connection to an easily and cheaply replaceable pigtail.
The VAS SAVER does not use any active circuitry, it is a pass-through connection so it does not interfere with the use of the 6154A.
- Each VAS SAVER is made to order. You should allow a lead time of 1-2 weeks for manufacture before you VAS SAVER ships. Orders containing multiple VAS SAVERS and/or pigtails will take longer to process. I will keep you updated on the status of your order and expected ship date via email.
- The VAS SAVER requires assembly onto the VAS6154A dongle. Please review the Installation and Usage video and only purchase if you are comfortable with the installation procedure.
- The VAS SAVER and pigtail carry a 30 day warranty (starting on the date of receipt) against manufacture defect.
- The VAS SAVER pigtail is considered a wear item/consumable. It’s lifetime will heavily be influenced by use/abuse of the dongle and connect/disconnect cycles on the port.
- The VAS SAVER is not made by nor endorsed by the OEM manufacture of the VAS6154A dongle.
- The VAS SAVER is not an OEM authorized accessory.
- Past the aforementioned 30 day manufacture defect warranty, the VAS SAVER is sold as is without warranty or guarantee of any kind expressed or implied.
Installation and Usage
VAS SAVER - Complete Kit
The VAS SAVER Complete Kit includes 1 pigtail, screws, and Velcro to attach the wireless module to the dongle. You can purchase additional replacement pigtails as you need, or order some to keep as spares (6154A dongle and wireless module pictured for illustration purposes only and not included).
VAS SAVER - Replacment Pigtail
Since the VAS SAVER pigtail is considered a wear item/consumable it’s advised to keep one or two spares on hand so you can replace them as needed.